Medicare Advantage Special Needs Plans
Special Needs Plans (SNPs) are a type of Medicare Advantage plan tailored to serve the health care system’s fastest growing population – frail, disabled and chronically-ill beneficiaries.
- SNPs are a type of Medicare Advantage plan tailored to serve frail, disabled, and chronically ill beneficiaries.
- Over 2.3 million beneficiaries are in nearly 600 SNPs nationwide.
- D-SNPs serve beneficiaries dually eligible for Medicare and Medicaid.
- C-SNPs serve beneficiaries with a severe or disabling chronic condition.
- I-SNPs serve beneficiaries residing in a nursing home or living in a community requiring skilled nursing care at home.
- Action to reauthorize SNPs is required by December 2018.
- Better Medicare Alliance supports permanent reauthorization of SNPs.