Policy Internship - Health Policy
Better Medicare Alliance (BMA) is a DC-based advocacy coalition led by Congresswoman Allyson Y. Schwartz. BMA is the leading voice on Medicare Advantage (MA). BMA comprises health insurance plans, health care providers, patient advocates, community-based organizations, and beneficiaries dedicated to supporting and improving MA. BMA advocates for MA by informing Congress, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, and other policymakers about the value of MA through evidence-based research and by providing feedback, concerns and recommendations from our alliance members. In addition, BMA analyzes important policy issues and works with our ally organizations and beneficiaries who share the goal of providing the improved care, affordability, and simplicity for Medicare beneficiaries offered under MA.
At BMA, you will not be a tiny cog in a large wheel; you will be a key member of our small but mighty team. Applicants should be interested in advocacy and health care policy, including the regulatory and legislative process. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to work with a talented team of policy and communications experts. Interns may support work with ally organizations and support ongoing work in policy, research, and communications. A stipend will be provided.
- Provide support to ongoing work in health policy, research and/or communications through short- and long-term projects
- Monitor relevant policy/health care issues through monitoring e-newsletters and news alerts on relevant issues
- Monitor new and emerging research on Medicare Advantage and maintain relevant databases
- Attend relevant events, conferences, and Hill briefings and provide written summaries to BMA staff, highlighting key learnings
- Conduct administrative tasks as needed
- Undergraduate or graduate student with interest in health care policy
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience balancing multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, and Outlook
- Comfort communicating with Medicare Advantage beneficiaries
Please send cover letter, resume, and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.