Policy & Communications Intern
Better Medicare Alliance (BMA) is a DC-based advocacy coalition led by Congresswoman Allyson Y. Schwartz. BMA is the leading voice on Medicare Advantage (MA). BMA is comprised of health insurance plans, health care providers, advocates, and beneficiaries dedicated to supporting and improving MA. BMA advocates for MA by informing Congress, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), and other policymakers about evidence-based research and by articulating concerns and input from our coalition. In addition, BMA addresses important policy questions and continues to build a national coalition of stakeholders who share the goal of providing the improved care, affordability, and simplicity for Medicare beneficiaries offered under MA.
Applicants should be interested in advocacy and health care policy, including the regulatory and legislative process. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to work with a small but talented team of policy and communications experts. Interns will help grow the coalition and support the policy, research, and communications strategies of this new coalition.
- Provide research support on health care and health policy issues.
- Support communications and policy teams on a variety of projects.
- Monitor relevant policy/health care issues and news coverage.
- Attend relevant events, conferences, and Hill briefings.
- Conduct administrative tasks as needed.
- College graduate or graduate student with interest in health care policy.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Experience balancing multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Comfort communicating with Medicare Advantage beneficiaries.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.