The Better Medicare Alliance (BMA) is a DC‐based coalition of health plans, providers, advocates, and beneficiaries dedicated to supporting Medicare Advantage (MA), the part of Medicare that allows health insurance plans the financing flexibility to focus on delivery system innovations to bring quality, affordable, comprehensive coverage and care to seniors. BMA advocates for MA by informing policymakers of evidence-based research and innovative care models, as well as communicating the perspective and experience of the variety of stakeholders who share the goal of improved care, affordability, and simplicity for Medicare beneficiaries.
The Digital Media Associate will work directly with the Director of Communications and will have the primary responsibility for digital media efforts, including maintaining websites and platforms such as Facebook, Linked-In, Instagram, Twitter, and so forth. They will also be responsible for graphic design work, curating shareable content, helping to determine which platform is best suited for each piece of content, building and managing social media profiles and presence, maintaining brand consistency across platforms, and analyzing the analytics and performance of various media campaigns. The ideal candidate will have the ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment. This candidate would also have the ability to write clearly and concisely while keeping messaging interesting and engaging.
- Manage digital media planning, strategy, and goal setting.
- Assist in the development and posting of digital content for social media platforms such as Facebook, Linked-In, Instagram, Twitter, and so forth.
- Assist in the development and management of brand awareness and online reputation across digital platforms.
- Develop weekly content calendars for all social media platforms.
- Develop and post updates, news, photos, videos, announcements, and other content on relevant accounts in a timely manner using appropriate content.
- Grow online social media networks and presence.
- Assist in the Search Engine Optimization and the ability to generate inbound traffic and retain viewers.
- Use data to report to staff on content performances, assess trends, and activity, to drive advocacy and enhance content performances.
- Organize, maintain, and archive of digital content such as images and videos.
- Assist in developing social media toolkits, newsletters, blogs, etc..
- Make simple updates to websites.
- Assist in Webex, PowerPoint, and other presentations as needed by staff.
- Provide digital assistance for events, such as invite design, RSVP links and tracking, live tweets, basic photos and posting on relevant platforms.
- Assist Communications Director as necessary, including gathering daily clips and other duties.
- 2-4 years of communications, marketing, community outreach experience
- B.A./B.S. required
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required
- Ability to explain policy issues on digital platforms
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, WordPress and/or Drupal
- Digital marketing experience and/or training preferred
- Some knowledge of health policy issues a plus
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a team
BMA offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Please send resume, references, and applicable writing samples to email@example.com.