ICYMIApril 3, 2015
Medicare Advantage Update
With final 2016 Medicare Advantage rates coming out on Monday, April 6th, we wanted to review what’s been happening over the last few months:
- A report from Milliman found that recent years’ cuts to Medicare Advantage are affecting seniors in the form of benefit reductions, higher costs and lost choices. Those who need the most care have seen their maximum annual out of pocket costs soar by up to $761. Medicare beneficiaries in 211 U.S. counties have no access to Medicare Advantage.
- A survey from leading bipartisan pollsters found that seniors in Medicare Advantage are exceptionally satisfied with the quality of care they receive, and that those who switched to MA from FFS prefer MA by a stunning 58%-2%.
- A bipartisan majority in the U.S. Senate is urging CMS to protect Medicare Advantage.
- A bipartisan majority in the U.S. House is also urging CMS to protect Medicare Advantage.
- Physicians are speaking out about how Medicare Advantage helps them provide better care to seniors.
- A diverse cross section of elected officials, healthcare providers, advocates, and employers has spoken out about the value of Medicare Advantage to seniors.
- A growing number of stakeholders are joining the effort to protect and strengthen Medicare Advantage.