2017 Open Enrollment Handbook
When Is Open Enrollment?
- Open Enrollment for Medicare takes place each year from October 15 to December 7.
What Can I Do During The Open Enrollment Period?
During Open Enrollment, you can:
- Change from traditional Medicare to a Medicare Advantage plan, and vice versa
- Switch from one Medicare Advantage plan to another Medicare Advantage plan.
- Switch from a Medicare Advantage plan that doesn’t offer drug coverage to a Medicare Advantage plan that offers drug coverage, and vice versa
- Join a Medicare Prescription Drug plan
- Switch from one Medicare drug plan to another Medicare drug plan
- Drop your Medicare prescription drug coverage completely